Sunday, January 18, 2009

First Days

So I´ve been in Spain for a little over 24 hours. I got in yesterday after changing flights in Copenhagen and proceeded to get lost in the airport for about an hour. That was lovely. Seriously, though...my flight left out of a different gate than the one they posted my flight to on the monitors, so Maricarmen and Elena were waiting for me somewhere else as I walked around completely lost with no money, phone, or way to contact anyone. Oh, my luck.

Anyways, after about an hour of aimless walking, they found me, and we drove to a hotel in Madrid where all of us students stayed for a night. At that point, I was pretty much a zombie (not having slept in god knows how long). After all the students got to the hotel, we went on a 2 hour walking tour of the surrounding area, followed by a 234788 course dinner (spanish tortillas, fish, bread and cheese, eclairs and flan, and mucha sangria!) that started at 9 and went till 11 or so. Needless to say, at the end of the day i was absolutely exhausted and went right to bed.

Today I met the lady I´ll be living with - Margarita. It´s a lot different than I expected...she lives alone and has like 3 or 4 students stay with her each semester, so it´s not like a homestay with a family per se, but shes really funny and nice and chill about me going out at night. this is like her third year doing this homestay thing so at this point she´s pretty much got college students figured out.

So as of now I´m just unpacking and getting settled in. Tomorrow I´ll go to the building where we´ll have our classes, and hopefully i´ll figure something out about my internship because i´m still totally in the dark regarding that.

One of these days I´ll post some pictures. i have an absolutely spectacular view of the Madrid skyline from the apartment i´m staying in. It´s on the 1oth floor, so i can see lots of buildings and parks and people and everything. As for now, I´m gonna get my room in order and try for the 500th time to connect my computer to the internet (right now i´m using margarita´s which is in her bedroom, so i kind of feel bad).


See yaaa

2 comments:

  1. yay you made it to Spain! where's my pictures, huh? Sounds like you have an awesome view and three friends already (from your homestay!)... I wanna hear lots of fun and exciting stories, especially the ones about all the cute spanish men!

    heart heart <3 <3

    ReplyDelete